The Spinster Bride by Jane Goodger

Mr. Charles Norris needs help finding a wife…

For he has the unfortunate habit of falling for each Season's loveliest debutante, only to have his heart broken when she weds another. Surely Lady Marjorie Penwhistle can help him. She's sensible, clever, knows the ton, and must marry a peer, which he is not. Since she's decidedly out of his reach, Charles is free to enjoy her refreshing honesty—and her unexpectedly enticing kisses…

Lady Marjorie Penwhistle doesn't want a husband…

At least not the titled-but-unbearable suitors her mother is determined she wed. She'd rather stay unmarried and look after her eccentric brother. Still, advising Mr. Norris is a most exciting secret diversion. After all, how hard will it be to match-make someone so forthright, honorable, and downright handsome? It's not as if she's in danger of finding Charles all-too-irresistible herself…
Thoughts: 
I've read a few books by Jane Goodger and enjoyed them all. Her tales are very sweet and romantic. It's been a while since I read one of her books, and I was excited to see she had a new release.

I will say that I found the plot of this story to be very original. I also found that I enjoyed all of the characters very much. It all had great potential, but in the the end the romance of it fell flat.

I began to feel as though the story was no longer about the hero and heroine's romance, but about everyone and everything else going on around them. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed all the subplots, but Charles and Marjorie's story felt almost rushed. And, that normally climactic moment when the h/h finally realize their feelings was just...non-climactic. I just thought that Ms. Goodger could have done so much more with their romance.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Links: Jane's Website
 
© Simply Historical Romance ~ Site Styled by Barbara